Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New player, "bad RPer", with a few questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ragnar
Hatchling
Hatchling

New player, "bad RPer", with a few questions Empty
PostSubject: New player, "bad RPer", with a few questions   New player, "bad RPer", with a few questions I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

This server has been suggested to me before, and usually I only get as far as reading the first rule.

"1) Under no circumstances, for any reason WHATSOEVER, is anyone to make derogatory comments about another's race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, dog, cat or any other personal trait whatsoever."

I've read LoTR, and I love elves (Exalted style are the best)... The problem is in every PW world I play on, the elves my characters meet give them a bad impression of the race.

I only play NWN2 for RP. With this in mind I like to RP a character; as the character cannot pause and set down their weapons, fumble through the Monsters Manual to try to figure out what something is called, or that it can only be killed by one particular means... Well my desk isn't littered to say the least.

My characters do also not know OOC information, and they certainly do not know anything posted on hidden DM forums I lack access to... I accept that this makes me a bad RPer. I'm here to have fun, and if PRing strange not-all-knowing beings makes me a sucky RPer, than that is what I am.

There are a lot of Dragon Lance books, and I've actually read a couple of them. Yet any character I play, will likely start off merely knowing what a farmer would know (live and die within a five mile radius = not very much). Would anyone care to point me at a quick lore primer?
Back to top Go down

New player, "bad RPer", with a few questions
Page 1 of 1