Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New player and some questions!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darken_Wood
Hatchling
Hatchling

New player and some questions! Empty
PostSubject: New player and some questions!   New player and some questions! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:51 am

Hello everyone, first off I would like say how pleased I am to finally see an english dragonlance server for nwn2! I frequent an NWN dragonlance server quite often and know my way around the lore pretty good...

Now for the questions;

1. Are wizards of the tower required to take the test by a certain level... and are they prohibited from using weapons other then dagger/staff/crossbow?

2. Knights of Solamnia, I have an idea to make a knight and wish to be a sword knight *clerist* do I have to start as a crown knight and progress to sword knight through RP?

thanks for answers in advance!
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: New player and some questions!   New player and some questions! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:45 am

Well first of all Greetinga and welcome i hope you will have pleasant time around

Now onwards to your questions

1. You can be renegade wizard, or try to join order. When you try to join order of high sorcery is completely up to you but more powerfull you grow more eyes will look upon you and one day you might be forced to make that choice, or even get killed for not making it sooner. There are players that are part of Order, if you decide you would like to join order i suggest you send them PM via forums.

2. I dont think choice of class is that limiting. You can start as pure cleric if you would like (but cleric class needs DM approval, so if you choose this route write PM to some DM with short bio of your character etc), or as knight of crown or any other class. I would say choice is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Darken_Wood
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: New player and some questions!   New player and some questions! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks for the response!

I saw that clerics are indeed restricted *which makes perfect sense lorewise* so I am going to hold off before I request to play a cleric of the Bison of Heaven. Just rolled up an elf ranger to explore the server with.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New player and some questions!   New player and some questions! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Valor is right that the classes are not so restrictive. The PRCs are more to foster RP than restrict it. If you wanted to play a Knight that advanced through all of the orders with only levels in Fighter, you could do that; though on the reverse you could not take the KoS classes unless your are in fact a member of that order.

The orders of high sorcery have a "tradition" of only using a dagger and a staff, but it is not a hard and fast law, as per the 3.5 campaign setting.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player and some questions!   New player and some questions! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New player and some questions!
Page 1 of 1