Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Couple of Things..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:53 am

Enjoying the server, but here is a couple of things I've noted while running about
1/ Druid shapeshift is seriously screwy. Your form alters from humanoid to critter about 1/second, fluxing between them.
2/ Some of the spell durations seem counter intuitive. Barkskin, for example, has a much shorter duration than expected.
3/ Death penalty is very strange. You get stung twice for dying? The penalty at low levels is bad enough, but add a double penalty and it makes me seriously dubious to go adventuring where there might be any chance of death.
4/ The goblin door to level 4 seems bugged. I float above it.
5/ There are a few random floating trees. I'm not sure the map names etc yet. Next time I see them, I'll screen shot it.

Aside from these odds and sods I'm having quite a good time here. hopefully there will soon be a few more players about.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

1. The shifting is caused by the saving of the characters. It is a general nwn2 bug, however it should only happen every 5 min.. that means my save script it saving every heartbeat.. that's something only druids would notice so this is the first Ive heard of it.. thanks for the heads up.

2. I didn't alter bark skins duration, its the default.

3. You are getting a double penalty when you die? That should not be. Can you give a little more detail: how is it happening? Is it just a doubling script or something?

5. I will need a lot more accurate description as to where a floating object is to fix it than this. You will need to tell me what area, exactly where in the area and even a screen shot would help. I can not see them in the toolset very easily, or they wouldn't be there to begin with aye? =P Anyway try to get a good description when you see them and they will get fixed up fast Wink
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:56 pm

1. Happens to polymorphed mages too

3. You loose XP on release and again on talking to the Entity and accepting the offer .. but both together doesnt total the 10% you should loose
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:39 am

The Overland map is debuffing party members that are not on it. It is also shrinking/making invisible members of your party, only the party leader is visible on the map, or in any other areas, as soon as any party member hits the OM.

Ogre Hearts... I've not been able to yet find the recipient of them, I don't think it's me being lazy either!

A few spelling mistakes are about too. I'll be more specific when I see them Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Ogre hearts are turned into the captain in Haven I believe.

As far as the overland map party issue... Well the OLM doesn’t get along with multiple parties very well. My best suggestion would be to break party before going on the OL map for now.

We are actually working on a system that will be removing parties from the game. I have already edited the menus to remove all party related functions (obviously haven’t implemented it yet). What we are working on is a system to share XP by proximity so Players can still share XP when adventuring together.

Parties really lag servers. Some servers try to address this by limiting party size, but this doesn’t help much unless there are only one or two parties on… and it still creates some lag... By removing parties completely we will be able to eliminate ALL party generated lag.
In addition to this having no parties helps to keep a certain mood and feeling in the game. You feel more isolated and vulnerable since you can’t talk with your party magically with the party channel or see where they are on your mini map.
Anyway, because of this it would be a waste of time to fix the overland party issues since we plan to remove parties altogether anyway.

PS We do welcome feedback on the issue of party removal and if anyone is concerned by it please let us know so we can alleviate you fears Wink
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm

What about Auras, party based spells etc. What if i have 2 players next to me and i cast some mass buff spell but wanna target only me and my friend next to me and not the other one there?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

I think the best way to handle that would be to share them with all non-hostile PCs within range. That should work since the only PC you would not want to share them with would be enemies, which you will likely be hostile to anyway (eventually opposed factions will be hostile to one another by default also).
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Actually there can be friend, then there can be someone i dont care about, and someone i dont like. I wanna share with friend. Someone i dont care about shoudnt profit from it, but i dont wanna kill him on sight or affect him with ngative things. And the last one is obvious of course. Point is there is not only black and white .. we need a bit of grey sometimes too Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Do you know how the game determines who is friendly and who is neutral? That would be a good way to handle it, especially if I could make an item that could be used to set others to friendly so auras only affect them.

Also just to let you all know, I have been working on Qualinost lately. It is a large city and needs a lot of attention to detail to be done right, since it is the capital of the elves. It is taking a while but it will be worth it in the end =D
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

I had a wander thru qualinost the other day and thought that it had potential.Very Happy
The guard captain in haven only wants bugbear stuff, no ogre bits.
I'm not sure disabling parties is the way to go. There are a few other servers around that don't have party OM issues, but I am not sure what scripting has been used to for them.
Big parties can have adverse effects on server performance, but with the current player base I'd not even consider this an issue. Lot of spells and feats would need to be carfully altered to make something like that work properly and efficiently, and there would need to be multitudes of factions and hooks to get what you intend. IMO you would be best served by seeing some of the current designs that the nwnvault has availiable, not trying to re-invent the wheel, so to speak
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:39 pm

The party size might not be a problem now, with the current player base, but as players trickle in the base is sure to grow (well hopefully at least).
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:05 am

Some critters are getting loot that is set to plot, so you cannot pick it up!!
I just found a Longbow of Typical Divinity, mighty +2, that is plot and cannot be taken from the troll that I found it upon! WAHHH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:45 pm

How odd.
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Yeah, first time I've seen it, but it happened again today in the trolls. This time with a Sling of Typical Divinity. I'm wondering if it is that particular item set/effect that causes it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I'll look at the base items, you see there are a set of base items in the toolset that the script grabs, then renames and then assigns the random properties on. That is how we can have thousands upon thousands sands of items as loot.

So if there is a base item flagged wrong that is easy to fix, if it is the script doing it.. that is less easy to fix...

edit: Ok it just occurred to me that the script is set to make cursed items.. That must be what is happening.. the only thing is you cant take it to begin with =P So the question is should I leave cursed items as an option or remove that from the script?
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:24 pm

We're getting lots of items with names but no positive properties. The best value find I've had is a -2 cloak of charisma.. Adding cursed items would be mean Razz. But if the treasure tables start giving some actual magic items cursed ones would be fair.
Oh, and there seems to be no loot in chests.
Perhaps we could use the script that enables loot for each character per 24 hour period? That way the server wouldn't need restarting often for adventuring to remain viable.
Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Id be willing to look into that script, do you know what it is called or have a link?

Also the loot depends on the challenge rating. The higher the challenge rating, the more properties and the more allowed on an item and the more powerful the properties can get. So a CR 1 will drop random loot from nothing on the item to maybe a +1 skill +1 ab.. While you might find a +3 ab +5hide +5 lore +2 ac shield on a CR 15 and even better on higher CR.

The chances of finding good loot is still low on higher CR but you have the chance to find better stuff.

So, basically you will never find anything grate on a goblin.. but if you get a high level party together and hunt an ancient Dragon with a name...
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:22 pm

I'll ask one of my friends what script they use forms the loot. See if they'll unveil thier secrets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:42 am

spelling mistake screeny:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JPO7GAF
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:10 am

Sadly, the transistion into Qualinesti does not seem to be working. The elf asks me, I get they yes to go in and it tells me so, but no transistion occurs.

Also, on the OM it is named "qualinesti", not "Qualinost"

And one of the load screens, detailing bugbears has a spelling mistake in the word "rest", it is spelled reast in the load screen (wasn't quick enough to get screen shot, sorry)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:23 am

I plan to go over the tool tips for the splash screens soon. I pretty much just cut and pasted them from the Dragonlance Nexus in a hurry so we could have DL tool tips. However the spelling is sometimes off and the use of the English language is atrocious at best.. For someone with a BA in English.. it simply wont do =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Couple of Things.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couple of Things..   Couple of Things.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple of Things..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Server info and other OOC stuff :: Bugs-
Jump to: