Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splitting Party XP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Splitting Party XP Empty
PostSubject: Splitting Party XP   Splitting Party XP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 am

On larger servers there is one problem with parties. Why party? Yes its safer, but you have to split the loot and XP. Also you have to take care of others. Thats why many server support parties by giving less penalty for partying.

Atm XP is equally split among party members.

There are several posibilities but one is to give still less but overall bigger (if you count party as whole) chunk of XP for party

2 Man party 80% per kill as if solo (totaling 160% monster XP)
3 Man party 70% per kill as if solo (totaling 210% monster XP)
4 man party 60% per kill as if solo (totaling 240% monster XP)
5 man party 50% per kill as if solo (totaling 250% monster XP)

You dont hamper individual while helping party as whole. There are many other systems this is the easiest one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Splitting Party XP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splitting Party XP   Splitting Party XP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm

You know I wasn't even aware that the game's default XP system split XP like that. There is a system on the vault that gives more xp for more party member. I would like to encourage parting so I will look into implementing that.

It will most likely give bonuses up to 5 party members and then harsh xp penalties after that for more party members, since parties larger than 5 members tend to generate lots of lag.

P.S. I am in the process of working on my own xp system that will share xp by range. That way you will be able to share xp with others without even the need for a party. This will really help on keeping lag down. BTW how is the server lag was thus far? Its a powerful machine running server 2003 with a LOT of bandwidth so I'm hoping it will be low on lag. I will also be upgrading it to 6 gigs of ram possibly.. however that will require server 2008 x64.. which isn't necessary for this type of application otherwise and hogs a lot more ram in and of itself than 2003 does..

Oh any back to the point.. How is the lag? low med, high?
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Splitting Party XP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splitting Party XP   Splitting Party XP I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:31 pm

I havent noticed lag except for few crashes now and there. But we would need more users to test it properly .. never seen more than 5 people on at time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splitting Party XP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splitting Party XP   Splitting Party XP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splitting Party XP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Archives :: Play Testing-
Jump to: