Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Save?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 am

Hello,

I played for a while yesterday on your server. After a bit of exploring i logged off, just to find myself without everything when i logged on today. And i mean everything. Only thing that i left got are starting armor and crafting book. I even lost the starting lvl of 3 and i am again on lvl 1 but now without XP. Character name is Sheyla.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 am

Hmm that is really odd.. I know we were having issues with saving characters when the server crashes, did it crash when you logged out? I'm working on a fix so NWNX4 will save all character info if there is a crash, which are unfortunately all too common in nwn2, but until then I can give you back your xp, items and gold.

When would be a good time for you to log on next so we can meet up in game? I'll be sure to give you back your gear and xp.

P.S. Until I resolve the "save on crash issue" I would suggest making use of the save character option in the PC tools. Right click on your character and select PC tools from the bottom of the drop down list. Then, at the top of the PC tools, you will see a button that says "Save Character". Use that every now and then, especially if you find something good, get some xp or craft something.

I'm really sorry about this stupid bug, but i posted it on the forums and the folks there are really good at replying so hopeful the PC tools save won't be necessary much longer.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 am

I dont need neither gold nor items, just wanted to report it Smile Seems i was actually partially saved ... Character was like just freshly made, before you speak with the "Librarian" that sends you out. But i appeared on Shops transition.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 am

Well you may not have been saved. When you enter a town, like Solace, you may notice a message from the server that says "Binding point set". The server saves your location to an external database when you enter a safe area like a Town or City. When you log back on after a reset the server reads the saved location and jumps you to that point.

So what it sounds like is that the binding point was saved, which makes sense since that is done right when you enter the area, but your PC itself was not saved.

I will need to give you back your XP and gold though since the server is really not designed for a level one PC. In fact it is a bit of a difficult world that was designed mostly with Party play in mind.. so if i don't give you your xp back it will be quite hard indeed!

Also, you won't return to the library of Astinus starting area ever so I will need to do it manually. The only time you ever end up back in the starting area is if your bind point data is lost, or doesn't match the server data (like when I make a modification to the walk-mesh in Solace for instance).

So anyway I just want to make sure we get you into a position where you can enjoy playing on the server, since that is ultimately the goal of building it! I love Dragonlance and the old "the more the merrier" adage really rings true with NWN PWs!
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 am

Okay i Look around for some DM then Smile Thankies Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:54 am

Not a problem. Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the forum you will see we have an embedded chat feature. If you see that there is a DM or admin on the forum when you have a question feel free to log into the chat and ask in real time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Save? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Save?      No Save? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Save?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Archives :: Bugs Archives-
Jump to: