Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visual appeal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
765tsunami
Hatchling
Hatchling

Visual appeal Empty
PostSubject: Visual appeal   Visual appeal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:40 am

I just wanted to say, though I am noticing some walkmesh issues here and there and will report as I find them, the graphics are good, real good. The forest looks like a forest, not a NWN2 forest. Good job. I especially like finding myself having to walk slower when cutting through shrublines instead of taking the road.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Visual appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visual appeal   Visual appeal I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks! I'm really glad you appreciate those things. This server has taken about 3 years to complete to this point and that is mostly because we are such perfectionists. I really wanted the forests to feel like a forest; because of that, we had to make pretty much every area from scratch, no prefabs lived up to our standards... I also wanted it to be realistic in that you can cut through the non-trodden areas like in real life, though it should be a slow, tedious process.

P.S. If you have the woodland stride feat (druid 2 or ranger 7) you can move through the brush at full speed. Finally rangers and druids can actually make use of that feat =P

Again, I am very happy to hear that you appreciate all the attention to detail, it means it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com

Visual appeal
Page 1 of 1