Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can't wait

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyn
Hatchling
Hatchling
Tyn

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Ok, I have a reason to reinstall NWN on my PC. HD crashed, and I installed Windows 7. Can't wait to start play testing

Tyn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:45 am

If you check the sever list in the Role Play section on gamespy you will see the server is up and running. I've been logged in with 3 people on the local network and it seems to be running nicely.

The only thing I need to finish up before we can open it up for play testing is I need to get the auto downloader working properly. It makes things much easier on the client side but man if it is not a headache on the server side.

Anyway there is a PW on the server for play testing. The PW is: dlaod7

However it there is no point in trying to login until I get the auto downloader working obviously.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 am

Okay, the autodownloader is up and working.. what a pain that was...

Anyway you should be able to log into the module now with the password: dlaod7

We will need a few more play testers to really get going but feel free to log in when you like and have a look around. Just keep a pen and paper handy and take notes on any glitches you encounter so you can post them in the bug forum.

Also feel free to take notes on aesthetic things and give your opinions on how best to improve things before we go open beta in the future.

Things to look for:

1. Floating objects (they are REALLY hard to see in the toolset so give a good description of where they are.. and expect quite a few at first...)

2. Broken transitions

3. Broken conversations

4. Broken quests

5. Bad terrain geometry (walk-meshes)

6. Things you can walk through but shouldn't be able too.

7. Encounters that are too hard.

8. Encounters that are too easy.

etc etc...

There are only a handful of hunting quests in the module at the moment. I figured the most efficient use of time would be to work on quests while people play test and then fix the play test bugs once per weak and add in the new quests all as one large update.

So anyway when you first get a chance to log in just feel free to have a look around. If you post here telling me when you plan to log in for the first time I'll try to be there as well if I can.

And thanks so much for offering your help!

-Moonchilde
Back to top Go down
drexow
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi.
I´d love to play test your server. Smile
So I decided to install NWN2 and tried to connect to DL, Age of Despair, but the download speed for the module is very low. It starts out with promising 300 kb/s but soon drops down to a few kb/s, approximatly finishing in ~4 hours. Is there a possiblity to get a better rate or to download the needed files somewhere else?

Greetings,
drexow
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:52 pm

The bit rate should be a lot higher than that. We have the files strored on Dropbox which is a cloud network so it should be dling between 300 - 800 kbs.

I have tried dling it on several computers from our home network and here is what I have noticed:

If I left the autodownloader alone and didn't run any web based programs in the background it DLed really fast. My fiancee tried to DL while on face-book and the bit rate dropped to around 5kbs - 15kbs ..yuck...

I'm not sure if that will help...

Anyway there may be a problem with the dlaod_custom01.hak.. it seems to be where the DL slows and it is, admittedly rather large.

I will try splitting that hak into several smaller haks and re-stage the custom content. Hopefully that will speed things up.

As for an alternative DL site, the problem with that would be that would be that if you DL it from the site it is stored on you will have proprietary compressed files that you can't extract yourself. If i upload the uncompressed version it will be over 1.5 gigabytes in size rather than under 300 mb..

Ill see how large the custom content is when compressed in winrar and if that is an option ill upload that to dropbox and provide a link as an alternative.. Hopefully just splitting the custom content .hak and re-staging will help though.

Keep your fingers crossed!

UPDATE:: Checked the DL with an empty ...documents/neverwinter nights2 folder and I downloaded the custom_01.hak fine but locked up on the extracting. That leads me to believe that the file is corrupt. It turns out it is only 29mb compressed so I don't think it should need to be split after all. Ill go re-stage the files and re upload them. Hopefully that will solve the problem.
Back to top Go down
drexow
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 am

Thanks for the reply!

Quote :
If I left the autodownloader alone and didn't run any web based programs in the background it DLed really fast. My fiancee tried to DL while on face-book and the bit rate dropped to around 5kbs - 15kbs ..yuck...

I surfed arount the internet a lot while downloading the module in the background, so this could be the reason why my download rate dropped - it was around 5k/bs as well.
Gonna try to download again in the afternoon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:16 am

I think the file custom_01.hak was corrupted. I made a lot of changes to the mod last night and did re-staged all the download content. The server is down at the moment but will be back up by this afternoon. Hopefully the re-uploaded files will download smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 pm

The server is currently down. We had to reconfigure the network last night and there have been... complications... I'll post when I get it up and running again...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:19 pm

OK the server is back up and the downloader should work now. I fixed the broken files and reformatted the haks to be easier on the downloaded. I double checked it with a fresh directory and everything downloaded perfectly.

For some reason I noticed the game will crash when you first try to connect and download... then it works fine after that... I have had this odd issue on other servers too so I assume it's a nwn2 issue. Anyway if you crash when first trying to connect try again and it should work fine..
Back to top Go down
765tsunami
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Tsunami and Deidremarie showing up. I looked in the list and your server is shown as password protected. We will try it in the morning if we can. Congradulations on completing the pw.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Oh hi!

It's PW protected while we are play testing so the only people that log in will know that it is still in an alpha phase. The PW is dlaod7, I think I posted it somewhere on the forum, I better double check...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't wait   Can't wait I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't wait
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Archives :: Play Testing-
Jump to: