Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Survival...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else is in favor of a more realistic approach to character survival, as in having to eat and drink for their continued health.
I played on a server called Necrosis where such a system was active and I found that it enhanced the to and sense of community.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:38 pm

I was considering this when in the development stage. I decided against it since I thought it would only appeal to a niche crowed.

If the players are in favor of it, however, I would certainly be open to implementing it.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:25 am

I would never force player to eat or drink to survive. We are adventurers. We are rich compared to common people. If they can satisfy their basic needs why shoudnt we able? Gaming session must be fun foremost and if you imagine after you log in you need to buy few apples to eat a bit then go and harvest wheat to make yourself a bread ..
The number one rule is do not force anyone to do anything. If someone like to sit by campfire, let him do it. If someone loves to kill goblins .. well let him do it. If you force someone to do something he might never come back. Free will and choice is extremely important.

Tho i would love some kind of small short/long term buff from crafted food/bewerages
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:09 pm

I was more envisioning that food could be bought in towns etc, but you could choose to hunt etc to get your own. It would also help stimulate the server economy a little. Yes adventurers are richer by far than common folk, bit commoners spend the greater part of the day working on their farms or trades, and bartering for foodstuffs. I am not suggesting that the only way you can get food is to hunt it. The inn sells meals, the kender sells fruit. To rest properly you would need a meal and drink. Water, fruit juice, whatever. Food you could kill/harvest yourself and cook. A bird may give a singlemeal where a deer may give three or five. As I said before it's not a complete survivalist theme, where food is scarce and you fight over who gets to eat...
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:50 am

Still the problem is that its something you must do. This would force anyone to take care of his character primal needs. I dont say it would be hard, time consuming or even expensive. It would just bother you and force you to do something you dont wanna do at that moment. I personaly would have no problem with that system but i fear it might scare some players off and we need more regular players at the moment more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Valor might be right about scaring people off. It might be a good idea to hold off on the really hard core stuff until we have a good player base built up.

It is a lot easier getting regular players to consider adding a hard core change than to convince a first time player to give it a chance when they have nothing invested in the server yet.
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

then perhaps not have it mandatory, but if you do it you gain survival XP as a unique bonus? *Shrug*
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:51 pm

That might work.. and have intewresting effects on the food that would be worth making.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survival... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival...   Survival... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Server info and other OOC stuff :: Polls-
Jump to: