Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curse lands impression

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Curse lands impression Empty
PostSubject: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:08 am

Well I wanted to give some feedback on new area and I will Epand this topic when I progess more.

First I would say that forbidding to rest in this area makes challance much more higher, so consider this in your evaluation.

Beetles are easy chicken food nothing to say.

WillOWisps are tricky but due to their high AC but their low AB makes them laughable even if they have two attacks per round.

Bozaks are well balanced casters, maybe they would be moredaunting with level 3 spells on their list as well but they can nicely harass unprepared party as it is. 3 of them can decimate enemy ranks if not dealt quickly with as it should be with any caster

Sivaks are Strong. Nothing more to say. They have really high AB and many attacks per round, they deal moderate damage on hit and use knockdown. As any higher level good fighter should do. Also they have truckload of HP as expected. But one thing that baffles me is their really high AC as well. They dont wear shield, so their AC should be much more lower. Also .. their taunt is .. well inresistable. Considering DC 24 they have 19 ranks in taunt (with cha mod or possibly feat?) Still its skyhigh DC. Alone it would not matter that much but added with other things they posses its cherry on already fierce draconian that should not be triffled with.
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:19 am

Okay back for more

Thrid area doesnt give out any suprises .. filler map that woudnt have to be there (Or did i miss something?)
Jaguar is finely tuned creature but as it starts on half HP is not worthy oponent. For them to be threat he should have full HP and be in pair, maybe with few cubs among the mature ones.

Then there is the city, architecture is really fine it was exiting look till i met
Zombie warrior that is well common zombie, durable, resistant, slow and unacurate. Fight was tiring with no real threat, but i wore him away eventualy. Maybe add some ability to the mix to make the fight more appealing?

And then i met skeleton accompanied with Ghast
Ghast wass prety simple, lot of HP as any real undead, moderate attack accuracy. Simple straightforward and i would say even easy. But his buddy was completely another story
Skeleton i met was holding a halbred and swinging with such force that even I wasnt capable of dodging his strikes. And when he hit it hurt, hurt a LOT. For example one of his lucky crits literaly chopped me in two little gnomes. This buddy is ready to wipe out well made group of 4-5 adventures on mediorce level with ease.

Overall furhter i get the area seems a bit inconsistent in meanings of difficulty .. there are vermins that pose no threat next to creatures that could make a pie from even the seasoned adventurer in matter of seconds.
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Finally for the last part Ruined temple

We get place to rest .. that is needed and much appriciated. The dwarf dialog is nice tho I would take that charm and i cant ...
Deeper there are some nasty creatures .. i wont repeat myself with those i listed already

Wraith is childs play only thing that stands between his unlife and uter destruction is concealment. He has no damage reduction and really low AB and no abilities and as such he poses no threat.

Dread Wraith, bigger brother of buddy listed above, is totaly the same. He has abit better chances of survival but still he is getting grinded so easily you wont even notice he was there.

Vampire, vile beasts they are, damage reduction and regeneration offers them quite high ammount of survival abilities. Theis combat capability isnt such bad but cant threat well prepared tank of group. Knockdown offers them higher chances of winning, overall well placed ability. And as last, Dominate person, is neat and can harm unprepared. DC isnt skyhigh so even a common fighter might get out of it with some (a lot) of luck. one of really well balanced enemies, considering the reason they are there ( need of some source of magical damage or really really strong barbarian)
There i would love to make special note to one gorgerous vampire i met there, his name is same (bad bad) but he is indeed a vampire king. He has incredible ammount of HPs same damage reduction as his brethren and to boot he also keeps his regeneration. Also he is considerably better fighter. I was able to burn him down using nearly All of my offensive spells and i must say that was a lot ...

Overall the arcitecture was really nice, even if i was dissapointed to see all coffins empty.

Also Old Owl well doesnt work but i post that as well in another topic.

Thats all for now until well is fixed .. when it is i head deeper to give another reports Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

This is GREAT feedback. Making encounters for a PW is much harder than in a pnp game where you know all of your PCS like the back of your hand.

I am going to revamp some of those encounters to make them more interesting since those areas are intended for about level 10-15ish

The next areas that are lower are significantly harder and there is a really nasty boss at the end (we are talking level 20+ party to defeat).

P.S. the weak "vermin" are a source of crafting goods. While they may not be as tough as some of the beasts in the areas they are placed there to make the goods harder to come by... like the panther hide.. it can be used to make magic bags so it should not be in a lower level area.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:34 am

Just one more things .. all those dialogs could be made without cutscenes as it isnt really made for small dark places
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:17 am

Give me a shout when you do the rewamp so i have reason to go there again and scout the area. Also that goes for any other area you might wanna get tested. PM will work fine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:26 pm

I did the areas you visited and implemented pretty much every change you suggested. Also the well to the lower area is working now, but those areas are really difficult...
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Fear not I, Mighty Riv'Kah, will cleanse the den of evil no matter the danger that lurks there! Ehm ... well i can always give it a try Wink
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:28 am

So ...

Sivaks dont hold weapon thus the damage they deal is laughable .. But their AB considering they use improved PA is impressive.

Skeletons still deal 50+ dmg on criticals, crit a lot and hit a lot.

Temple is fully lighted, i supose that not intended.

Zombie warrior frost aura is nice, i like it Smile

I had some trouble forcing spawns in Xak Tsaroth. Maybe recheck the triggers?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:59 pm

K good to know, I light areas when working and sometimes forget to remove the lights. The Sivaks should have weapons too =P
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 12:52 am

I noticed the traps on the lower temple are mean. And I mean MEAN. 120 Damage is an awful lot to soak, especially when the trap resets itself.
As for the foes down there, I've not got to them. The trap talked me out of it Very Happy
Up above, the hags petrify gaze can really stop things in thier tracks. Perhaps they can be included in crafting in some way?
The malar panther does need buddies. Maybe some other great cats or something? I'd like to see them ambushing, maybe a spot trigger to let you see them early?

I've noted lots of spot checks on OM but no effect for passing them. Are these to be small one off encounter areas? That would be way cool if so. Love the survival checks to rest, they work well, make your ranger/druid/barbarian worth the ranks of survival.

I'll also add that I would not be terribly dissappointed if there is some form of vitality brought into game, meaning you need to eat and drink. this would probably mean thet fishong and hunting would need to be implemented/tweaked, as would the animal factions. That said, on the other I player on with that system installed, characters spent time RP'ing while fishing etc, and I found it to be very immersive.

That's all for now, though I'd like to get in party with Rik'vah to check out some of the deeper levels Wink
... Even if she is a dirty little knight of thorn Razz
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:06 am

Quote :
... Even if she is a dirty little knight of thorn

Whaaaat? She is the nicest Grey Cloak you ever met so i woudnt complain Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:30 am

Keep in mind that the lower levels with the 120 dmg traps is meant to be an end game area that will really need a well balanced party to traverse effective.

As for the fishing and hunting, I am always in favor of anything that stimulates RP. This is first and formost an RP server. I just like to add all the other goodies to make it interesting to adventure.. Hell some of the best RP happens on adventures.

PS listen checks on the OL map are for spoting encounters. I have not yet finished the encounter tables so there are no encounters yet; and I have not set the DCs either, hence the useless checks atm. They will become useful in time though, worry not.
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Can't get into qualinost at the moment. Conversation happens but the transition does not occur.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Are you an elf?
Back to top Go down
Necrosphere
Whelp
Whelp
Necrosphere

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Yep. Elf druid. My two friends cannot get in either, both elf rangers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Guess I will need to take a look at that... I thi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curse lands impression   Curse lands impression I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curse lands impression
Page 1 of 1