Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Death penalty

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Death penalty Empty
PostSubject: Death penalty   Death penalty I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Well ... i died (Missclicked on guard and to be honest such quick death .. are those guards gods? 50AB in low magic world ffs Smile ) and on clicking respawn i lost everything i got to next level and then again when clicking on Entity i lost another 3000 (about 25%), deleveling me, totaling together aproximately 40% .. if this is intended well then its harsh.

For sure it should never delevel you, its discouraging at least
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

Death penalty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death penalty   Death penalty I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:20 am

Here is the problem with the death penalty. If I have only one, lets say at the entity, then people could just sign off and wait for a reset to avoid it. If I have it only on the re-spawn button then a DM could not res someone who is in the death world... Though I suppose they could just not re-spawn during events and wait for a res if one is forthcoming..

Ok here is what I will do:

There will only be one death penalty, at re-spawn (10%, no level loss possible) until level 20. From Level 20 to 23 an second death penalty will be added (at the entity) that will cause level loss. This way if a high level dies (usually happens in pvp at that level) then they will not loose a level if they decide to not play until a reset, which is between one and three days (and may be as long as a week when I get the re-spawns for crafting working correctly. This way you will have one of two penalties at high level:

1. xp loss that can cause level loss
or
2. not playing again for 1 to 3 days

That way death will still be something to fear at high levels =)
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com

Death penalty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Archives :: Play Testing-
Jump to: