Dragonlance, Age of Despair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonlance, Age of Despair

A NWN2 Persistent World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Respawn of CNR materials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

Respawn of CNR materials Empty
PostSubject: Respawn of CNR materials   Respawn of CNR materials I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Some respawn nearly imideately Hickory Tree was back in about 15 minutes
Copper veins respawn overnight .. so several hours
Coal,Clay,Sand those once mined out are gone until server restart

Maybe check them and make them more useable? (Like coal is really rare at the monent as only 5 coal digs spawn per server restart netting around 5-8 coal lumps (depending on luck), and at best making bronze take minimal 3 + one lump for making molds for weapons at tinkers furnace .. )
Back to top Go down
Valor
Dragon
Dragon
Valor

PostSubject: Re: Respawn of CNR materials   Respawn of CNR materials I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I was thinking a bit ... at the moment chance of getting rid of vein/tree/clay pile is 1% for each dig/cut etc. I Think it should be more like 10-20%, Also respawn rate should be set to about 15-60 mins and there should be more of them overall. So you cant just go to goblin cave, mine 100 pieces of ore from one vein and then carry it slowly back ..

I dont even know if its possible to program in nwn2 but i actually love the way materials spawn in WoW. Lets say you have a map. On this map there is 300 possible vein spawns. But it is also said that only 5 shoulds be spawned at time top. Also its said that respawn is lets say 15 minutes. You find a vein, you mine it out and then after 15 minutes have passed on any random unoccupied spawn new vein will spawn .. you can never know all 300 spawns. So you have to search .. you have to look around. And slowly mine. In NwN2 case it would be more appropriate to make that over complex of maps or even whole world as maps arent that big so it would take enough time to search them all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Build Team
Build Team
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Respawn of CNR materials   Respawn of CNR materials I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm

I'll have a look at the CNR scripts and do some tweaking of the re-spawns when I get my computer parts. I agree about the more areas, I am woking on an expansion into the Tharkin mountains at present and on into the dwarfish realm of Thorbardin, which should provide a lot of new mining resources.
Back to top Go down
https://dlaod.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respawn of CNR materials   Respawn of CNR materials I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Respawn of CNR materials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonlance, Age of Despair :: Archives :: Play Testing-
Jump to: